- Launch from Mamhead Slipway where possible
- Avoid voluntary Wildife Refuges when safe to do so: stay away from areas where you may cause disturbance to protected wildlife
- Keep 200m off shore, away from beaches and residential areas
- Respect the local Byelaws
- Read information signs
- Carry the correct safety equipment on board, including a tow rope, a suitable means of calling for help and wear a personal flotation device and kill cord
- Ensure you have third party insurance
- Display your DATATAG ID number on your craft
- Get trained!
- Exceed 10 knot speed limit within harbour limits (as defined by charts and buoyage)
- Leave your vehicles on the beach or on slipways
- Land anywhere in Dawlish Warren other than designated area
- Run your engine when out of the water
- Operate amongst the moorings
- Go up river from your launch point – use of PWC’s over 10 knots should not be undertaken in the estuary, but should be taken out to sea.
Exe Estuary Navigation Byelaws
Byelaw 4: Do not exceed speed limit as defined by charts and buoyage: 10 knots max.
Byelaw 6: Navigate with due care and attention and with reasonable care for others.