The East Devon Pebblebed Heaths is an area of rare lowland heath in East Devon. It is located inland of the coastal towns of Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton. It mainly consists of: East Budleigh Common, Lympstone Common, Bicton Common, Woodbury Common, Colaton Raleigh Common, Hawkerland Valley, Harpford Common, Aylesbeare Common and Venn Ottery Common.
It forms part of the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and it is also a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI), a Special Protected Area (SPA) and a Special Area of Conservation (SAC). The 2,778 acres are mostly managed by Clinton Devon Estates and the East Devon Pebblebed Heaths Conservation Trust.
Our friends at the Pebblebed Heaths Conservation Trust have produced codes of conduct to help everyone share this special place, at the same time caring for wildlife there. So everyone can enjoy their visits, we ask people to:
- Remove all litter from the site
- Read and adhere to any signs and notice boards
- Consider other visitors to the heaths
- Follow the Pebblebed Codes
- Consider becoming a Friend of the Common to help protect this incredible place